Samstag, 9. Januar 2016

A strange thing happened the other day. I listened to the new...



A strange thing happened the other day. I listened to the new Grave Digger album and liked it. Really liked it. Cheesy lyrics and all. I lost interest in these guys when they started shifting into melodic power metal, and the few times I’ve checked out their albums in the 2000s and 2010s there didn’t seem to be much to change my mind. But ‘Return of the Reaper’ has real energy. The crunchy guitars, driving rhythms, and Boltendahl’s compelling vocal performance all feel honest and inspired to me.

With the exception of the closing track (a ballad, does anyone actually enjoy ballads?) I like this thing from start to finish. I can’t believe I’m saying that about a new Grave Digger album. How is Grave Digger kicking more ass than Maiden? This release also features another awesome album cover by Gyula Havancsák, which is icing on the speed metal cake.

#gravedigger #gravediggerband #returnofthereaper #powermetal #speedmetal #melodicmetal #heavymetal #metal #heavymetalmusic #metalmusic #80smetal #oldschoolmetal #albumcover #metalalbumart #grimreaper #fantasyart #darkart #germanmetal #napalmrecords #10smetal #2014 by ironskullet http://ift.tt/1UEdsnK January 08, 2016 at 07:01PM



via Tumblr http://ift.tt/1PUqFcC

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen